Please check the frequently asked questions before emailing us. If you can not find the answers. please contact us emailing to the address shown on the right bar.General
- Who can attend GCGW-2018?
Academicians, PhD and MSc Students, researchers, scientists, policy makers, professionals and anyone who is interested.
- Can the abstracts and papers be submitted/presented in languages other than English?
No. The official language of the event is English. Therefore, all abstracts and papers must be written in English and all presentations must be also done in English. There will not be simultaneous translation either.
- What will the conference program cover?
The scientific part of the GCGW-2018 will include plenary sessions in which keynote speakers present as well as parallel sessions in which invited papers and general papers are presented in oral form. There will be also poster presentation sessions. The social part of the GCGW-2018 will include a tour to major touristic sites, a welcoming reception, and a gala dinner.
- How does the submission process work for GCGW-2018?
First you should submit an abstract for your paper. Once you receive an e-mail for the acceptance of your abstract, you should prepare a short paper and submit it online. The deadline for abstract and short-paper submissions are given on the homepage.
- What is the format of the abstract and short paper?
Please click on Template for Abstract and Template for Short-Paper to download the templates. Please note that the tables and figures must be given within the text in the short-paper. All abstracts and papers must be written in English.
- How do I submit an abstract and short paper for GCGW-2018?
Abstracts and short-papers are submitted online. Please check the author guidelines on the step-by-step process for the submissions.
- Will my submissions go through review process?
Yes. They will go through a quick review process. You will receive the decision in your email notification. You might be requested to submit a revised version of your short paper according to the reviewers’ comments.
- What is the limit for number of pages?
The abstract should be less than 300 words. Short-papers must be less then 4 pages including tables and figures.
- How many paper(s) can be submitted and presented by an author?
Each registered author could submit and present 2 papers at most. If your co-author(s) also register and attend the event for presenting other paper(s), then you could co-author more than 2 papers (but still individually present 2 papers in oral or poster form).
- Can I only attend with abstract (without short-paper submission)?
We encourage all the authors to submit a short paper since we will publish a conference proceedings. In addition, the authors will have a chance to extend their papers and submit extended versions of their papers to special issues in prestigious journals associated with the conference.
- Can I request the type of presentation for my submission?
Organizing committee members will decide on the type of the presentation as oral or poster for each submission. You may send us a request. We will try our best to accommodate your request but we cannot guarantee it.
- When will my paper published in the conference proceedings? When do I learn whether my paper is selected for submission in a special issue?
We plan to prepare the proceedings before the conference starts. Registered participants will be able to receive it in a USB stick at the registration desk. Right after the conference, we will work on the selection of the papers for the special issues.
- Will there be an ISBN number for the proceedings?
- Why is the number of pages only limited to 4 pages?
Because after the conference, the authors will have a chance to extend the content of their paper to be submitted to a journal. In this way, the similarity between the conference paper and the journal paper will be low and in an acceptable range for the journal
Registration and Accommodation
- Will I get a receipt for my payments?
Once your payment process is successful, using the registration system, you can first click “My Orders” and then “Confirmation of Receipt” to print your confirmation of receipt. If you need an official receipt for reimbursement purposes, please contact Mr. Alen Demirel (firstname.lastname@example.org) including any details related to the content of your receipt. He will prepare your invoice, which can be picked up from the registration desk during the conference. Alternatively, if you send her your address details, it can be prepared before the conference.
- Can I purchase a day pass to the conference?
No, GCGW-2018 does not offer day passes.
- My wife/husband/child/etc. will accompany me. Can he/she attend the welcoming reception and gala dinner?<
Yes definitely. The registration for accompanying person can be done during online registration.
During the conference
- Will I get a certificate of attendance or presentation?
The session chair of your presentation will give you the cerificate of presentation after your presentation. If you need a certificate of attendance, please contact the registration desk and we will print a certificate of attendance for you.
- How should I bring my presentation file and who should I give it to?
The recommended file type to be used for presentations is PowerPoint or Portable Document Format (PDF). The presentation files should be brought in a USB disc. We also strongly recommend you to e-mail yourself as a backup. Speakers are requested to upload their presentation onto the session PC and report to the session chair 10-15 minutes before the start of the session.
- Can I send my poster to you for printing?
Posters should be printed and brought by each author to the conference.
- How do you decide on who will get the best paper awards? When will these awards be given?
The organizing committee will evaluate the papers in terms of their originality, method used, and impact. We plan to give these awards during the gala dinner.
- What kind of social activities will there be during the conference?
In addition to welcoming reception and gala dinner, we plan to organize a social tour within Izmir. We will announce it in the conference website.
- What is the weather like in June in Izmir?
Daytime temperature of İzmir in June is 30 – 35 degree Celcius. You can also check the average temperature of June 2017 from this link.
- Do I need a visa to enter Turkey?
We suggest you check out here for information on visa requirements.
- How can I get an official invitation letter?
If you need an official invitation letter for any reasons, we provide it on request to the registered participants by e-mail.
- How can I get to the conference hotel from Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport?
You can reach the hotel in a few different ways. If you have booked a room in the conference hotel, please contact us to arrange a free shuttle. You can also take a taxi from the airport. You can find cab fare and travel time from this link. Another way is public transportation. Firstly you should use Izban (suburban train) from airport to Halkapınar station. Halkapınar is a transfer station for izmir metro. From there, you can go to Fahrettin Altay station by izmir metro and then bus line 311 take you at conference hotel. Please note that you will need a bus card that can be purchased from several train stations.
- How can I get to the other parts of the city from the conference hotel?
Accommodating guests benefit free transportation service 7 days a week to/from Hotel, Airport, Konak and Alsancak. Üçkuyular Ferry Quay is only 3 km from our hotel . There is the possibility to reach Karşıyaka- Bostanlı by ferry. Other alternatives are buses and subway. Bus number 311 is running between Fahrettin Altay subway station to conference hotel district (Inciraltı). Then, you can reach the city centre in 20 minutes by subway. Please click here for more information.
- Is there a parking fee to park my car at or nearby the conference hotel?
Free parking space is available at or around the conference hotel.
- Could you recommend me some places to visit in or around Izmir?
There are many places to visit in Izmir. Please see the IZMIR PUBLICITY BOOKLET for more information.