Please check the frequently asked questions before emailing us. If you can not find the answers. please contact us emailing to the address shown on the right bar.
- Who can attend GCGW-2019?
Academicians, PhD and MSc Students, researchers, scientists, policy makers, professionals and anyone who is interested.
- Can the abstracts and papers be submitted/presented in languages other than English?
No. The official language of the event is English. Therefore, all abstracts and papers must be written in English and all presentations must be also done in English. There will not be simultaneous translation either.
- What will the conference program cover?
The scientific part of the GCGW-2019 will include plenary sessions in which keynote speakers present as well as parallel sessions in which invited papers and general papers are presented in oral form. There will be also poster presentation sessions. The social part of the GCGW-2019 will include a tour to major touristic sites, a welcoming reception, and a gala dinner.
- How does the submission process work for GCGW-2019?
First you should submit an abstract for your paper. Once you receive an e-mail for the acceptance of your abstract, you should prepare a short paper and submit it online. The deadline for abstract and short-paper submissions are given on the homepage.
- What is the format of the short paper?
Please click on Template for Short-Paper to download the templates. Please note that the tables and figures must be given within the text in the short-paper. All abstracts and papers must be written in English.
- Will my submissions go through review process?
Yes. They will go through a quick review process. You will receive the decision in your email notification. You might be requested to submit a revised version of your short paper according to the reviewers’ comments.
- What is the limit for number of pages?
The abstract should be less than 450 words. Short-papers must be less then 4 pages including tables and figures.
- How many paper(s) can be submitted and presented by an author?
Each registered author could submit and present 2 papers at most. If you are interested to submit more paper, please contact the conference chair at email@example.com.
- Can I only attend with abstract (without short-paper submission)?
We encourage all the authors to submit a short paper since we will publish a conference proceedings. In addition, the authors will have a chance to extend their papers and submit extended versions of their papers to special issues in prestigious journals associated with the conference. The selection of a paper for special issue is highly dependent on the quality of the short paper.
- Can I request the type of presentation for my submission?
Organizing committee members will decide on the type of the presentation as oral or poster for each submission. You may send us a request. We will try our best to accommodate your request but we cannot guarantee it.
- When will my paper published in the conference proceedings? When do I learn whether my paper is selected for submission in a special issue?
We plan to prepare the proceedings before the conference starts. Registered participants will be able to receive it in a USB stick at the registration desk. Right after the conference, we will work on the selection of the papers for the special issues.
- Will there be an ISBN number for the proceedings?
- Why is the number of pages only limited to 4 pages?
Because after the conference, the authors will have a chance to extend the content of their paper to be submitted to a journal. In this way, the similarity between the conference paper and the journal paper will be low and in an acceptable range for the journal.
- Will I get a receipt for my payments?
Once your payment process is successful, using the registration system, you can first click “My Orders” and then “Confirmation of Receipt” to print your confirmation of receipt. If you need an official receipt for reimbursement purposes, please contact Mr. Alen Demirel (firstname.lastname@example.org) including any details related to the content of your receipt. He will prepare your invoice, which can be picked up from the registration desk during the conference. Alternatively, if you send the address details, it can be prepared before the conference.
- Can I purchase a day pass to the conference?
No, GCGW-2019 does not offer day passes.
- My wife/husband/child/etc. will accompany me. Can he/she attend the welcoming reception and gala dinner?<
Yes definitely. The registration for accompanying person can be done during online registration.
During the conference
- Are there any guidelines for preparing my oral or poster presentation?
You will be notified with the guidlines with the abstract acceptance email.
- Will I get a certificate of attendance or presentation?
The session chair of your presentation will give you the certificate of presentation after your presentation. If you need a certificate of attendance, please contact the registration desk and we will print a certificate of attendance for you.
- How should I bring my presentation file and who should I give it to?
The recommended file type to be used for presentations is PowerPoint or Portable Document Format (PDF). The presentation files should be brought in a USB disc. We also strongly recommend you to e-mail yourself as a backup. Speakers are requested to upload their presentation onto the session PC and report to the session chair 10-15 minutes before the start of the session.
- Can I send my poster to you for printing?
Posters should be printed and brought by each author to the conference.
- How do you decide on who will get the best paper awards? When will these awards be given?
The organizing committee will evaluate the papers in terms of their originality, method used, and impact. We plan to give these awards during the gala dinner.
- What kind of social activities will there be during the conference?
In addition to welcoming reception and gala dinner, we plan to organize a social tour within Doha. We will announce it in the conference website.
- What is the weather like in April in Doha?
Daytime temperature of Doha in June is 30 – 35 degree Celsius
- How can I get an official invitation letter?
The official invitation letter will be provided on request to the registered participants by e-mail.
- How can I get to the conference hotel from Doha International Airport?
You can reach the hotel via a taxi from the airport.
- How can I get to the other parts of the city from the conference hotel?
To reach other parts of the city, you need to book a taxi such as UBER or CAREEM.